Moose Mountain Lodge Timeline

1937……. May……..  Construction of the Lodge began

1938…… December……. Open for the first ski season

1940……Running as a downhill ski lodge

1941……Third winter of operation

1942…….Fourth winter

1943…….closed and basically abandoned because of the war. The Leslie boys all enlisted                    in the service

1944……..closed

1945……..closed

1946……. Doug Rohr and Oscar Martin opened the Lodge as a ski area again

1947…….

1948……

1949……. 1955 Lodge empty and vandalized

1955……. Bob Jones bought  the Lodge and cottage to run it as a boys summer camp

1956-1958… working on the road and building

1959……….. Camp Moose Hi opened for the first summer

1960-1961…..Camp Moose Hi in operation with happy campers

1962………. Agnar and Anna Pytte bought the Lodge and Lish and Ann Huggins bought                             the honeymoon cottage on the hill

1962-1972…. Pyttes lived at the Lodge

1962-2011…..Lish and Anne Huggins still live on Moose Mountain

1972…………Agnar and Anna Pytte sell the Lodge to John and Mary Clarke who turned                            the lodge back into a ski lodge for Cross Country Skiers.

1972-1975..John and Mary Clarke run the Lodge as an Inn, cutting trails for cross                                     country skiing.

1975…….Peter and Kay Shumway buy the Inn to  continue running it as a cross country                       ski inn.

1975-2011..Peter and Kay retire after 35 years of running and loving Moose Mountain                            Lodge. The lodge is no longer open to guests. Peter and kay plan to live at                             the lodge and caretake it as long as they are able.